There are the oldest portraits of the great King Stefan and Prince Vukan conserved in the Studenica treasury. Sava’s brothers and Stefan Nemanja’s sons are portrayed in Studenica in 1208/9 AD. Their portraits (done in fresco technique) are removed from the entrance gate for protection and endurance.
There are a few preserved liturgical and other ecclesial artistic goods: plastanica (σινδών) of Anthony Heraclitus embroidered with a golden and silver thread (fourteenth century); a shroud of King Stefan the First Crowned sarcophagus made by Olivera, a daughter of Prince Lazar. The most interesting item is King Stefan’s ring, made of gold in filigree by Byzantine craftsmen in the eleventh or twelfth century.
An extraordinary artistic piece is the stavroteca (the Cross collection) from 1628 AD made of gilded silver, decorated with blue and silver enamel along with the relief presentation of Ascension, and the gospel writers. The rims are decorated with scenes of a hunt as well as Stefan Nemanja and Stefan the First Crowned.
There are quite some exposed items of gilded silver such as icons mounted on wood, five loaves stand and two glasses with hunt motives dating from seventeenth century. Finely updated gothic censer of hegumenos Sava was made in 1590/1.
A few manuscripts are preserved. The most important one is the fifteenth century Four Gospels decorated with great headings and intertwined initials richly painted. There is a richly decorated Alexei Mihailovic gramme (1663 AD), the second ruler of the famous Romanov dynasty. There are also the letters of dukes of Vlaska which testify of ramified relations of this monastery. A pectoral triptych from 1750 AD decorated with a nacre marquetry and gilded filigree shackles also deserves attention for its artistic merit.